sabato 8 dicembre 2018

Small painting update

A short update on my painting. Sometimes it takes quite a lot for me to finish a units, while in other times it takes me just a few sessions: this time I got both things, as I started painting two cavalry units and then left them aside for some months... only to take them back to the painting table and finish them quickly.

Recently painted units

Recently, my painted units included 2 units of French Line Infantry, 1 unit of Polish Lancers and 1 unit of British Hussars. 

Polish Lancers (Esci)
French Line Infantry (Italeri)

The Hussars had a complicated painting sequence... I knew very little of British Hussar uniforms during the Napoleonic Wars, and I started painting them as Crimean War hussars, since that's how they were labeled in their box image (Lord Cardigan's 11th Hussars). Then I read their entry on Plastic Soldier Review and found out the sculpts actually were more accurate for the Napoleonic Wars, not Crimea, but the uniform colors were wrong... especially the trousers. In short, I made a quick search or the correct colors (this mainly impacted the trousers, the bugsby and a few other details and repainted the relevant parts...) and I managed to convert them to the 5th Cavalry Brigade during the 100-jours campaign, with half painted as 7th Hussars and half as 15th Hussars.

British Hussars 1815 (Esci)

Now I will probably turn to artillery, in particular Austrian Artillery. I also have French Hussars, and French Voltiguers mounted and ready for playing and painting... but I still have to decide in which order I'll paint them!

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento